8th Symposium on Primary Immunodeficiencies in Bratislava
On April 25th the "8th Symposium on Primary Immunodeficiencies" took place in Bratislava, and Dr. Pere Soler, president of the foundation, participated in this meeting with the talk "Newborn screening for SCID. A pioneer initiative in Europe". The content of the talk was PID early diagnosis with special emphasis on the screening of severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) in newborns.
This symposium is part of the "J project" of the European Society for Immunodeficiencies - ESID, whose objectives are:
- To organize professional meetings on PID and related diseases in several East-European countries with low number of registered PID patients.
- To discuss diagnostic and therapeutic practices and problems, and to define specific areas to be improved and to be supported by other European groups, institutions, companies, and foundations.
- Updating national PID registries
- Establishing PID professional working groups
- Establishing PID patients, groups